Help with Natural Pain Relief in Brisbane
How is Acupuncture used for Sports Injury and Pain?
Everyone has experienced pain from an injury at some point in their life. It is a natural response indicating dysfunction. But is it extreme, or have you had it for too long? If pain is impacting your life there are many things you can do to reduce it and enjoy your activities again.
Acupuncture can be effective at reducing pain and muscle tightness and inducing healing. There are numerous studies identifying the analgesic effect of acupuncture via its effect on the nervous and immune systems.
Since the 1980’s athletes have been incorporating acupuncture in their health regime. Although not commonly known, many professional athletes are using acupuncture to enhance performance and recovery from sports injury and fatigue. Over the past 20 years acupuncture has become widely accessible and can now be utilised by everyone.
Your acupuncture treatment for pain and injury induces the following drug free reaction:
- Releasing endorphins leading to decreased pain sensation.
- Release muscle reflexes. Muscles can remain contracted following injury and to cope with pain at other sites.
- Increased and moderated blood flow to aid healing. This is especially helpful in areas of bruising and tissues with restricted blood flow like tendons.
- The use of Infra Red heat penetrates deeper into the muscle than conductive heat (eg. heat pack) to influence blood flow and cell metabolism.
- Electro-Acupuncture and TENS can facilitate the contractions of muscles for pain relief and muscle strengthening.
Your Acupuncture treatment will not only give you freedom from your physical pain but can also reduce repetitive sports injuries and help resolve core issues allowing you to lead a productive, happy and balanced life.